Johnny was born June 9, 1963, and is an American actor, producer, and musician. Johnny Depp is a man who made his career by working in dynamic fields. Johnny has been getting praised by his well-wishers, fans, and followers. He also has been working in the industry since his teenage. Johnny Depp has entertained the audience with his excellent acting prowess, brilliant productions, and music projects.
Childhood and Early Life
- Johnny Depp’s early years were influenced by frequent moves throughout his childhood since his father was a civil engineer. Johnny and his family called Miramar, Florida home by 1970.
- Johnny Depp received a guitar as a gift from his mother, which would soon inspire him to play in local garage bands at the age of twelve.
- When he was 15 years old, his parents gets a divorce. Johnny dropped out his high school to pursue his love of rock music. Johnny was part of ‘Six Gun Method’, a band that broke up before being signed to a label. He also gets signed to ‘Geffen Records as a member of the band Rock City Angels.
- Johnny’s wife, Lori, introduced her husband to a young actor named Nicholas Cage, who encouraged him to pursue a career in acting in the early 1980s.
- In 1984 he made his film debut as Glen Lantz in the horror film “A Nightmare on Elm Street” . in 1987-1990, he performed the role of Tom Hanson in the TV series “21 Jump Street”. In 1993, Depp played mostly in independent films, often playing strange characters including Gilbert Grape in the romantic film “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape”.
- In 1990, Johnny Depp collaborated with director Tim Burton and starred as Edward Scissorhands in the romantic film “Edward Scissorhands”. In 1994, Ed Wood was in the comedy film “Ed Wood” and In 1999, Ichabod Crane was in the horror film “Sleepy Hollow”.
- In 2005, Johnny Depp resumed his successful collaboration with Tim Burton and acted as Willy Wonka in the fantasy family film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. In 2005, Johnny Depp performed the lead role of Victor Van Dort in the fantasy film “Corpse Bride”, and In 2010, “Alice in Wonderland”.
- Johnny Depp became one of the most successful film stars by playing Captain Jack Sparrow in the film series “Pirates of the Caribbean” in 2003. In 2004, Depp received recognition for playing the role of Sir James Matthew Barrie in “Finding Neverland”.
- Johnny Depp was one of the world’s biggest film stars. Guinness World Records listed him as the world’s highest-paid actor in 2012. Johnny created an American film production company Infinitum Nihil and founded the rock supergroup Hollywood Vampires in 2004.
- Johnny Depp got many honours and awards, Some are a Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award, as well as nominations for three Academy Awards and two British Academy Film Awards.
- In 1999, the versatile actor was awarded an honorary ‘César’, France’s national film award.
- The talented actor has won the People’s Choice Awards for Favorite Movie Actor on three occasions from 2011-2014.
- Johnny has also received numerous Teen Choice and Kids’ Choice awards.
- In 2012, J0hnny’s received the ‘MTV Generation Award’, the same year that ‘Guinness World Records’ listed Depp as the highest-paid actor.
How much is Johnny Depp worth?
According to multiple websites, Johnny Depp’s net worth is $150 million (approximately Rs 1163 crore) and he charges approximately Rs 160 crore for a film. Johnny owns a house in the Hollywood Hills, which is spread over 7,100 square feet and has eight bedrooms and 10 bathrooms.
John Christopher Depp II
June 9, 1963
Owensboro, Kentucky, U.S.
|Partner||Vanessa Paradis (1998–2012)|
|Children||2, including Lily-Rose|